Our vision is to:
- Leverage existing public and private green spaces to educate the community about the importance of the local natural habitat and to contribute to the enjoyment and enrichment of the community, particularly children and students.
- Develop outdoor learning labs that allow students, researchers and educators to learn from the environment while in the environment.
- Connect environmental nonprofits, schools, research groups and businesses to develop and fund environmental research and sustainable options for living in harmony with nature.
- Host environmentally related conferences, meetings and training courses in a natural setting with hands on opportunities for deep environmental learning.
- Stimulate community action and involvement towards developing and funding innovative solutions for sustainable communities.
- Generate statewide and nationwide interest in environmental research and education that will build a sustainable model for future generations.
To provide educational and research opportunities to study the natural habitat, the Institute for Environmental Insight (IEI) will work with local municipalities, conservation organizations, land trusts and others that own green spaces in the South Fulton, Fayette and Coweta Counties of Georgia that are of significant environmental value. These educational and research programs will offer an enriching and unique opportunity to learn about nature in outdoor classrooms for families, students, educators, researchers and environmental business professionals.